A health care provider may qualify for an exemption from reporting data to THCIC if it meets one of these criteria:
If you believe your facility meets the criteria for exemption please contact Dee Roes for an exemption application.
- Rural Provider
- located in a county that:
- has a population estimated by the U. S. Bureau of the Census to be not more than 35,000 as of July 1 of the most recent year for which county population estimates have been published; or
- has a population of more than 35,000, but does not have more than 100 licensed hospital beds and is not located in an area that is delineated as an urbanized area by the U. S. Bureau of the Census; and
- is not a state-owned health care facility or a healthcare facility that is managed or directly or indirectly owned by an individual, association, partnership, corporation, or other legal entity that owns or manages one or more other health care facilities. (Sec. 108.0025, Texas Health and Safety Code)
- Exempt from state franchise, sales, ad valorem, or other state or local taxes; and does not seek or receive reimbursement for providing health care services to patients from any source, including:
- the patient or any person legally obligated to support the patient,
- a third-party payor, or
- Medicaid, Medicare, or any other federal, state, or local program for indigent health care.