In order to provide the highest level of customer service to our stakeholders, the BRFSS program is requesting that programs provide written proposals for adding questions to the statewide BRFSS survey. We also would like to know if you are interested in adding sample to the survey to better cover demographic (primarily regional) groups of special interest to your program. The information you provide will have at least two purposes:
- provide input for the development of service level agreements or MOUs between the BRFSS program and our data collection partners and stakeholders;
- assist the Texas BRFSS Coordinator, with input from the Health Surveys User Group, in planning the Texas BRFSS survey and related analytical products.
Please see the following attachments:
- Outline for written proposals -- Please provide written proposals for questions and supporting background information.
- Attachment A: State and National Health Priorities -- Outlines major public health priorities and goals within Texas and the nation. We would like BRFSS to be as responsive to these goals as possible.
- Attachment B: Pricing Guidelines -- Provides general information about how costs for participating in the BRFSS are determined.
- Attachment C: Draft BRFSS Survey Modules -- Core questions will run in the following year. Optional questions developed and tested by CDC are available to run at state expense.
- Service Level Agreement -- A template for defining agreements between the BRFSS program our state level funding partners. (For a PDF version of the Agreement, click here.)
Once again, I look forward to working with all of you in the future to build a first rate surveillance system for Texas. Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do for you.
Texas BRFSS Coordinator
Community Assessment Team
Center for Health Statistics
Texas Department of State Health Services