In the summer of 2013, the Texas Center for Nursing Workforce Studies (TCNWS) will launch its second nurse staffing survey of licensed and certified home health and hospice agencies in Texas. This study was initially conducted is 2011 and is being repeated to collect updated information on this important topic. The results of the 2011 Home Health and Hospice Care Nurse Staffing Study (HHCNSS) are available on our Publications page.
The primary purpose of the HHCNSS is to assess the size and effects of the nursing shortage in home health and hospice agencies in Texas. The TCNWS asks administrators in each of the state's licensed and certified home health and hospice agencies to complete this brief survey describing their current and future needs for nursing personnel. The information in this survey guides the policy recommendations of the Texas Center for Nursing Workforce Studies' Advisory Committee. The data that agencies provide will also be instrumental in developing projections for the number of nurses needed in Texas. Participation in this study is completely voluntary but highly encouraged.
For questions regarding this study, please email email@example.com or call (512) 776-6723.
All data is coded and access will be restricted. TCNWS will report all findings from the research in aggregate form only, as mandated by Texas Health and Safety Code Chapter 105.
No individual agency in this study will be identified.
2013 HHCNSS Taskforce Members
- Pearl E Merritt, EdD, MS, MSN, RN, FAAN (chair) – TCNWS Advisory Committee Member and Regional Dean, Texas Tech Health Science Center School of Nursing in Abilene
- Suzy Brown, RN – Administrator, Legacy of Love Hospice
- Jettie Ettleson - Texas Association for Home Care and Hospice
- Amy Hillen, RN – Location Director, PSA Healthcare Austin
- Dana Madison, RN, BSN, MBA – Administrator/owner, Calvert Home Health Care, Ltd.
- Patti Shaw, RN – Director, Hendrick Housecalls
- Vickie Ragsdale, PhD - TCNWS Advisory Committee Member and Ragsdale Senior Care Consulting, LLC
- Cheryl Waters- Adminitsrator, Buckner Hospice