The Public Health and Healthcare Capabilities Planning Guide (CPG) is a decision support tool designed to facilitate awardee self-assessments of their preparedness programs based on the national standards as defined in the Public Health Preparedness Capabilities: National Standards for State and Local Planning and Healthcare Preparedness Capabilities: National Guidance for Healthcare System Preparedness documents.
The CPG allows jurisdictions to document:
- the relative importance each capability has to their jurisdictions;
- their current ability and capacity to perform the capabilities;
- any challenges or barriers to fully achieving the capabilities;
- gaps in resource elements; and
- gaps in awardees’ ability to perform the tasks associated with the capability functions.
Over time, the CPG data can be used to document progress in achieving the capabilities and also inform technical assistance plans.
Capabilities Planning Guide (CPG) Cover Page
1. Community Preparedness CPG
2. Community Recovery CPG
3. Emergency Operations Coordination CPG
4. Emergency Public Information and Warning CPG
5. Fatality Management CPG
6. Information Sharing CPG
7. Mass Care CPG
8. Medical Countermeasure Dispensing CPG
9. Medical Materiel Management and Distribution CPG
10. Medical Surge CPG
11. Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions CPG
12. Public Health Laboratory Testing CPG
13. Public Health Surveillance and Epidemiological Investigation CPG
14. Responder Safety and Health CPG
15. Volunteer Management CPG