Para ver esta página en español
Notice: New Providers
Enrolling is easy. Go to the Enrolling in the CSHCN Services Program page of the TMHP website to enroll online.
The Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program helps
- children with special health-care needs and
- people of any age with cystic fibrosis.
The program helps clients with their
The program is available to anyone who
- lives in Texas
- is under 21 years old (or any age with cystic fibrosis)
- has a certain level of family income
- has a medical problem that
- is expected to last at least 12 months
- will limit one or more major life activities
- needs more health care than what children usually need
- has physical symptoms. (This means that the Program does not cover clients with only a mental, behavioral or emotional condition, or a delay in development.)
Because the CSHCN Services Program is the payer of last resort, all applicants must also apply for the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and Medicaid.
You may apply to the CSHCN Services Program year-round.
Contact the CSHCN Services Program
Children with Special Health Care Needs Services Program
Department of State Health Services, MC 1938
P.O. Box 149347
Austin, TX 78714-9347
We only receive special service deliveries such as UPS or Federal Express at this address.
Purchased Health Services Unit, MC 1938
Department of State Health Services
1100 West 49th Street
Austin, TX 78756
Ask questions by phone:
CSHCN Inquiry Line at 1-800-252-8023 — Toll Free
512-776-7355 — Austin
512-776-7565 — Fax
Send comments, questions, complaints, or broken links by e-mail to CSHCN Services Program.
For local contacts, go to CSHCN regional and local offices.
Purchased Health Services Unit
The Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program is part of the Purchased Health Services Unit (PHSU). The unit purchases services through its benefit programs for clients. The other programs in PHSU are the Kidney Health Care Program and the Hemophilia Assistance Program. Details about the other programs are on their web pages.
Send comments or report broken links by e-mail to CSHCN Services Program.