Applications for 2015 EMS coordinator course enrollment will be accepted in December 2014.
• To be determined. Do not submit a fee until you receive an invoice for payment and an acceptance letter (see below).
• The course fee is based on the number of students attending the course. The course fee should not exceed $400 for budgeting purposes.
• Tuesday, 06/16 and Wednesday, 06/17/2015, 7:30am-5:00pm
• Thursday, 06/18/2015, 7:30am-4:30pm (Exam will take place from 3:30 to 4:30pm)
Location: Pickle Research Campus, J. Neils Thompson Commons Bldg., 10100 Burnet Rd., Austin, Texas
Room: Stadium Room, 1.138 [Room capacity: 56 (classroom setup)
Exam: Thursday, 06/18/2015 – 3:30 to 4:30pm
Lunch: Lunch is not provided as a part of the course; students will be responsible for their own meals. The Commons Café is in the same building and serves excellent food. See http://www.utexas.edu/commons/menu/ for more information on the Commons Café.
Enrollment: Course limited to approximately 45 attendees
CE Credit: No CE awarded
Course Description: This 24-hour course is intended to train Texas EMS course coordinators. See the link below for agenda.
Selection Process: Participants will be selected through a competitive application process. To apply, complete and submit the course application and documentation as directed. Do not complete a state certification application until you have been accepted for enrollment into the course. See the link below for an application form.
Applications Accepted: December 01, 2014 (see link below for course application form)
Application Deadline: January 30, 2015
• Mail the course application (see Coordinator Course Application link below), without payment, to:
Office of EMS/Trauma Systems Coordination
PO Box 149347 – Mail Code 1876
Austin, TX 78714-9347
• Or, Email PDF-scanned documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org (signatures must be intact)
For information on documentation required to accompany the application, see the Documentation Instructions link below.
Selection Date: Selected students will be contacted on or around March 6, 2015.
Post Selection Instructions: Upon receipt of an acceptance letter, applicants will receive an invoice to pay for attendance in the coordinator course, and an application for state coordinator certification. Each is to be allocated separately. Applicants selected for course enrollment will have until May 1, 2015 to submit the course fee and complete the certification application/fee payment process.
Contact: Phil Lockwood at email@example.com or call (512) 834-6700 ext. 2032
Coordinator Course Application - (Documentation Instructions)
EMS Coordinator Certification Rule (25 TAC, §157.43)
Coordinator Class Agenda- not yet available
Coordinator Certification Application - Do not submit until you have been accepted for enrollment into the class.