|The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) Office of EMS & Trauma Systems Coordination is very pleased to announce that the Uncompensated Trauma Care Fund distributions occurred the week of August 31, 2009.
- $23,078,602 from the Designated Trauma Facility and Emergency Medical Services (DTF\EMS) Account (3588 Monies) will be distributed to 250 eligible hospitals. The grand total distributed to eligible hospitals since the inception of this funding source is $309,552,685 .
- $9,192,322 from the Regional Trauma Account (Red Light Camera Monies) will be distributed to 128 eligible hospitals. The grand total distributed to eligible hospitals since the inception of this funding source is $9,192,322 .
Texas Health and Safety Code §780.004 directs DSHS to use 96% of funds in the DTF/EMS Account (3588 monies) to fund a portion of uncompensated trauma care provided at hospitals designated as state trauma facilities or a hospital meeting “in active pursuit” requirements.
The supplemental appropriation bill, House Bill 4586, of the 81 st Texas Legislature, 2009, authorized the disbursement of the Regional Trauma Account (Red Light Camera Monies) to fund a portion of uncompensated trauma care provided at hospitals designated as state trauma facilities and are within the Trauma Service Areas where the red light cameras are located.
Uncompensated Trauma Care Disbursement Methodology:
Disbursements were made in the following manner:
- Calendar Year (CY) 2007 uncompensated trauma care charges reported by eligible hospitals on the Fiscal Year (FY) 2009 Uncompensated Trauma Care Fund Application (Hospital Allocation) were used in the funding formula.
- Fifteen percent (15%) of the total amount of funds available are divided equally amongst all eligible applicants.
- The remaining eighty-five percent (85%) is distributed to eligible applicants based on the percentage of uncompensated trauma care a hospital provided in relation to the total uncompensated provided by all the eligible hospitals that applied.
Funding Information: The funding formula and each facility’s disbursement can be viewed by clicking on the Excel spreadsheets below:
Disbursements from 3588 Monies
Disbursements from Red Light Camera Monies
Please contact (email@example.com; (512) 834-6794) if you have any questions.