The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) Office of EMS & Trauma Systems Coordination is very pleased to announce that the Uncompensated Trauma Care Fund distributions will occur during the week of August 23rd, 2010.
- $792,793 from the Designated Trauma Facility and Emergency Medical Services (DTF\EMS) Account (3588 Monies) will be distributed to 266 eligible hospitals. The grand total distributed to eligible hospitals since the inception of this funding source isapproximately $381,792,793.
- $860,403 from the Emergency Medical services, Trauma Facilities, and Trauma Care Systems Account (1131 Monies) and $547,943from the Emergency Medical Services and Trauma Care Systems Account (911 Monies) was distributed to 253 eligible hospitals.
Texas Health and Safety Code §780.004 directs DSHS to use 96% of funds in the DTF/EMS Account (3588 monies) to fund a portion of uncompensated trauma care provided at hospitals designated as state trauma facilities or a hospital meeting “in active pursuit” requirements.
Texas Health and Safety Code §780.004 directs DSHS to use 27% of funds in the Emergency Medical services, Trauma Facilities, and Trauma Care Systems Account (1131 Monies) and 27% of funds in the Emergency Medical Services and Trauma Care Systems Account (911 Monies) to fund a portion of uncompensated trauma care provided at hospitals designated as state trauma facilities.
Uncompensated Trauma Care Disbursement Methodology:
Disbursements were made in the following manner:
- Calendar Year (CY) 2008 uncompensated trauma care charges reported by eligible hospitals on the Fiscal Year (FY) 2010 Uncompensated Trauma Care Fund Application (Hospital Allocation) were used in the funding formula.
- Fifteen percent (15%) of the total amount of funds available was divided equally amongst all eligible applicants.
- The remaining eighty-five percent (85%) was distributed to eligible applicants based on the percentage of uncompensated trauma care a hospital provided in relation to the total uncompensated provided by all the eligible hospitals that applied.
Funding Information: Each facility’s disbursement can be viewed by clicking on the Excel spreadsheet below:
August 2010 - Uncompensated Trauma Care Fund Disbursement
Please contact me ( email@example.com ; 512-834-6794) if you have any questions.