The Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) on behalf of the Department of State Health Services (DSHS or Department), Office of Emergency Medical Services Trauma Systems Coordination (OEMS/TS) (Program) announces the expected availability of funding from the Permanent Fund for Emergency Medical Services and Trauma Care Account to provide support and enhancement of pre-hospital Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and trauma care systems in Texas. The RFP documents are located on the HHSC Business Opportunities webpage at the following link: http://www.hhsc.state.tx.us/contract/53716141871/announcements.shtml. You can download the documents by clicking on “Documents” hyperlink on the left side of the web page.
Please check this link regularly for further information and updates.
The majority of the pages in the Fiscal Year 2016 RFP are “For Your Information Only”. Here are some RFP highlights.
- Eligible applicants include DSHS-licensed EMS providers, DSHS-registered First Responder Organizations, Regional Advisory Councils, approved EMS education organizations, and pre-hospital injury prevention organizations.
- Projects funded through LPGs include: EMS personnel certification training, specialty training related to pre-hospital health care management, communication equipment, patient care equipment including ambulances, non-disposable supplies, injury prevention projects and continuing education programs. Refer to the RFP for details.
- Frequently Asked Questions are included in RFP.
- Application deadline is May 21, 2015 at 2:00 PM. Applications received after the application deadline will not be considered. Applications received by email or fax will not be considered.
- Question submission deadline is April 27, 2015 at 5:00 PM. Questions will not be answered verbally. Questions received after the question submission deadline will not be answered.
- Questions and answers will be posted on the HHSC Business Opportunities webpage. Answers may be posted as questions are received. However, all questions will be answered and posted no later than May 13, 2015.
All questions about this RFP must be submitted by fax or email to Mahsa Azadi, Reference: RFP# 537-6-141871
Fax number 512-206-5552 or email to: email@example.com.
For general information about the Local Projects Grant Program go to: http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/emstraumasystems/LPGfunding.shtm