DPS stresses the importance of following all directions on the enclosed FAST pass. They often find that applicants schedule an appointment but do not follow directions. If you are fingerprinted with the wrong FAST pass, you will need to be reprinted and all fees will need to be paid again. DPS is unable to refund fees if you schedule the appointment incorrectly or do not bring the committee's FAST pass (see link below) and required documents with you. The criminal history from the incorrect appointment will not be released to the State Committee of Examiners in the Fitting and Dispensing of Hearing Instruments.
DPS Instructions on Acceptable Forms of Identification (Adobe Acrobat format, 100 KB)
Also, if you have been required to be fingerprinted in the past (i.e., teacher, state employee, etc.), you will still need to be fingerprinted again. The federal government does not allow sharing of data.
Link to Texas Occupations Code 402
In-State Applicant Instructions
FAST Fingerprint Pass form which you must take to your fingerprint appointment.
- Print out: In-State FAST Fingerprint Pass form (Adobe Acrobat format, 105 KB)
- Read the instructions at the top of the form on how to schedule an appointment
- Complete and sign the FAST Fingerprint Pass form
- Make an appointment using the website www.L1enrollment.com or by calling 1-888-467-2080
- Take your completed FAST Fingerprint Pass form with you to your fingerprinting appointment
- Pay $41.25 either online by credit card, or at your appointment by check or money order
- After you complete steps 1-5, submit your license application or license renewal form and fee to the committee (either by mail or online).
Your fingerprints will be processed by DPS and the committee will receive the results within 72 hours. Do not submit your application or renewal form and fee until you have been fingerprinted. The committee cannot approve your application until the fingerprinting results are received.
DPS fingerprint results received by the committee are confidential and protected under state law. If your results show any criminal history that might affect your license, the board will contact you directly by mail. Please be aware that fingerprinting is a one-time requirement. You will not be asked to complete this process again in the future.
If the committee staff can assist you in any way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Out-Of-State Applicant Instructions
Out of state applicants cannot electronically submit fingerprints from another states live scan terminal. Your out of state applicants will need a hard card FAST Pass. For more information MorphoTrust USA can reached at 1-888-467-2080 or they website at: www.identogo.com
- Print out: Out-of-State FAST Pass form (Adobe Acrobat format, 45 KB)
- Read the instructions at the top of the form on how to register your fingerprint submission to MorphoTrust USA
- Mail this completed FAST Pass form, along with your completed fingerprint card:
Attn: Texas Card Scan
3051 Hollis Dr Ste 310
Springfield, IL 62704
Please note: if you mail your hard card FAST pass to the committee; they become state property and we cannot return them to you. (Texas Government Code §552.108)