Text4baby Prenatal Care Challenge
On Jan. 26, 2015, DSHS launched the Text4baby Prenatal Care Challenge, designed to boost enrollment in Text4baby and promote entry into prenatal care during the first trimester. The contest will run from January 26th to June 30th and DSHS will track which counties yield the highest number of moms enrolled in the service. In April, individuals from organizations in the top ranking counties will be eligible to receive scholarships to the much anticipated Healthy Texas Babies – A Life Course Conference, which is scheduled to take place in Houston, TX on June 22nd thru the 24th. In July, the top-performing county from Jan. 26 through June 30, 2015 will be recognized with a press event. The press event will be an opportunity to highlight the outreach efforts of all the outreach partners in that county. Sign up as an official Text4baby Outreach Partner to participate in this challenge by visiting http://my.text4baby.org/page/s/formal-partner-sign-up. For questions, please contact Evelyn Coronado Interis, Women’s and Perinatal Health Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The following 35 counties are eligible to participate in the Prenatal Care Challenge – the rates listed are the rates of late or no prenatal care at the beginning of the Challenge period.
^ Eligible counties are those with more than 1000 births per year with prenatal care rates below the state average (64.5%), or more than 50% late/no PNC.
* Counties designated with an asterisk are those with fewer than 100 births but more than 50% of births not accessing care in the first trimester or at all.
**In Health Service Region 11, there are no counties with more than 1000 births and none with more than 50% not accessing care in the first trimester or at all. Therefore those included are the three counties with the largest number of births in that region and entry into prenatal care rates worse than the state average.
Text4baby Prenatal Care Challenge Rules
- Participation is limited to the 35 counties with the lowest prenatal care rates identified by DSHS.
- Existing text4baby outreach partners as well as those who sign on as Outreach Partners during the Challenge period (Jan. 26-June 30, 2015) are eligible to compete.
- County enrollment data will be proportionate to the number of live births in that county, so that large counties and small counties will be judged equally.
- Performance will be based on new enrollment during the Challenge period.
- The ten individuals who will be offered scholarships to the HTB Life Course Conference in June will be the contact people (or their official designee) listed for official text4baby outreach partner organizations operating in the five top-performing zip codes in eligible counties.
- Note that only one person per outreach partner organization will be eligible to receive a scholarship.
- If the outreach partner on file with text4baby designates someone else from their organization to receive the scholarship on their behalf, this designation must be made in writing by email or letter to DSHS.
- DSHS will work with the outreach partners in the top-enrolling zip codes to identify eligible scholarship recipients.
- Awarding of scholarships will be at DSHS’s sole discretion.
- Conference Scholarships for top enrollment will be awarded by April 17, 2015.
- In July, the top-performing county over the six month period from Jan. 26 through June 30, 2015 will be recognized with a press event organized by text4baby. The press event will be an opportunity to highlight the outreach efforts of all the outreach partners in that county. A secondary prize for most innovative enrollment tactic from all the counties involved will also be awarded, whether or not from among the outreach partners in the winning county.
- On a monthly basis, the participating outreach partners will be receiving a newsletter highlighting the enrollment progress of each county, new outreach partners, innovative enrollment tactics and anecdotes submitted by outreach partners.
For more information about Text4baby, please visit www.text4baby.org/.