The Enforcement Unit works with the Health Facility Program in the regulation of health care facilities. As authorized by Texas statutes, regulations may include taking appropriate enforcement action, such as license revocation, assessing administrative penalties, or seeking injunctive relief.
Health Facility Program surveyors submit referrals to the Enforcement Unit, along with recommendations to take enforcement actions. The Enforcement Unit then processes the referred cases and works collectively with Department representatives to assure that appropriate enforcement action is taken to achieve compliance with Texas statutes and rules. The Enforcement Unit serves as a resource and works with the regulated community to educate licensed facilities and professionals about regulations and the enforcement process.
Disciplinary Actions Listed by Facility Type
- Abortion Facilities - PDF File 13KB
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers - PDF File 16KB
- Birthing Centers- PDF File 37KB
- End Stage Renal Disease Facilities - PDF File 13KB
- Freestanding Emergency Medical Care Facilities - PDF File 43 KB
- Hospitals- General and Special - PDF File 25KB
- Hospitals- Private Psychiatric - PDF File 15KB
- Narcotic Treatment Program - PDF File 13KB
- Substance Abuse Treatment Facilities - PDF File 16KB
NOTE: If an enforcement action is older than three years, it may be removed.
If the facility type is not listed, there are no enforcement actions to report for the past year.
Contact Information for the Enforcement Unit
Texas Department of State Health Services
PO Box 149347
Austin, TX 78714-3199
Toll-free Phone Number: