|HIV Ministry Transitions Facilitator: Minister Joseph Collins
This scripture-based, discussion-oriented curriculum will prepare church leaders to accomplish the following objectives:
- Develop a fact-based understanding of HIV/AIDS and the people who are at risk of contracting the virus.
- Develop a theological understanding of why Christian churches should participate in HIV ministry.
- Commit to cultivating a welcoming congregation for all people including those living with HIV/AIDS.
- Develop community relationships and collaborations to serve as an effective faith-partner in HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention.
Join us for this free one-day workshop.
Courageous Conversations - 1 Hour
HIV Ministry Transitions: Steps to Develop an HIV-Compassionate Church - 5 Hours
- Training manual
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Dates and Registration:
A date will be determined for each location listed below. Registration will be available as dates and locations are announced.
Check back often to see when the Ministers' Roundtable workshop will take place in your area. Follow instructions below to register. You will receive location and class details upon registration:
- Golden Triangle - Saturday, October 6, 2012
- San Antonio - Saturday, October 13, 2012
- Austin - Saturday, November 10, 2012
- Houston - Saturday, December 1, 2012
- Tarrant County/Fort Worth - Saturday, January 26, 2013
- Dallas - Saturday, February 23, 2013
- Tyler - TBD
Questions? Please contact:
Mary Chapman McIntosh, M.Ed.
Capacity Building Consultant
HIV/STD Prevention and Care Branch
Department of State Health Services
Black men and women account for
42% of new HIV diagnoses
HIV/AIDS is the 9th leading cause of death
among Black Texans
Black females are 10-14 times more likely to get HIV
than White females