- Water Birth Infection Prevention Guidance and FAQ
- List of ELITE-certified laboratories is available at: https://wwwn.cdc.gov/elite/Public/MemberList.aspx.
- In December 1999 a multidisciplinary task force was assembled to develop a Texas Legionnaires’ disease control plan to help local health officials respond to reports of legionellosis in hospitals, long-term care facilities, and the community.
- The task force was composed of state and local public health officials (epidemiologists, environmental) and university and hospital representatives (physicians, infection control practitioners, facility engineer).
- The written product of the task force, Report of the Texas Legionnaires’ Disease Task Force, was finalized in 2002.
- As of 2014, several portions of the Task Force document are outdated and conflict with current DSHS guidance on legionellosis outbreak investigation; therefore the Task Force document has been removed from the DSHS website. The document is still available upon request by emailing Lesley.Brannan@dshs.state.tx.us.
- Current outbreak investigation guidelines for legionellosis may be found at http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/idcu/health/infection_control/Investigation-Guidance/.