All clients (males & females) who are "well" should receive
vaccine/prophylactic medication and be referred to this station for the
- Conduct counseling and review of the most current Information Statements.
Two-way verbal communication is essential to obtain informed consent especially
with non-English speaking individuals.
- Ask females about pregnant status or suspect pregnancy. If a positive
response is received about pregnancy status, refer client to the Pregnant
- Discuss precautions and contraindications prior to administration according
to the latest CDC recommendations.
- Refer clients to the next Registration and Sign-in Station.
Clients should verify personal information.
- Verify personal information and recording date of Information Statements.
- This list may be used for consent of prophylaxis/vaccination if clinic
policies have this requirement.
- After obtaining signature and verifying information from client, refer to
the Prophylaxis/Vaccination Station.
Clients should receive prophylaxis/vaccination at this
- Assure counseling was given to client prior to administering
- Give documentation of vaccine/prophylactic medication.
- Give instructions regarding importance of completing medication, or
returning for additional doses of vaccine. Inform patients of tracking/recall
- Make available Standing Orders and an Emergency Kit for possible reactions
to vaccine/first dose of medication.
- Staff prepares vaccine for administration.
- Staff repackages medications into individual doses/quantities.
- Supply Manager or Pharmacy Manager maintains centralized inventory of
Women who are known to be pregnant or in whom pregnancy is
suspected should be referred to this station for the following:
- Determine name of Prenatal Provider.
- Provide necessary counseling
Clients who have a history or symptoms of illness (e.g. rash or
obvious signs of illness) should be referred to the Sick Station for an
evaluation that includes the following:
- Arrange for clients with rash illness to exit building and transport to
nearest care facility with the least exposure to others clients.
- Fill out case investigation form
Top of Page