Back to main ImmTrac page
The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) is currently working with Texas health-care entities to determine the capability of their Electronic Health Records (EHR) systems to submit electronic data to ImmTrac, the Texas immunization registry. This submission must be in accordance with applicable laws and practices as specified in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009. ImmTrac has been enhanced to accept batch files of HL7 Version 2.5.1 formatted VXU^V04 Messages (Unsolicited Vaccination Updates) from healthcare Providers.
As a participant in the submission of electronic data to the Texas state immunization registry, your organization will assist in the goal of improving the efficiency and quality of care to Texas residents while reducing costs to health-care providers. Below are the Meaningful Use Checklists for providers.
CVX Vaccination Code List
- Lists each CDC Vaccination code and corresponding CPT code, if available. The legend on K1 indicates inactive codes and codes not accepted by ImmTrac.
HL7 Error/Issue List
- Job aid created to assist providers in determining the exact location of errors and warnings received on files in order for them to be analyzed and corrected, as necessary.
Job Aid for Fixing Errors
- Job aid that runs through several examples of locating and fixing errors found in provider DQA reports.
HL7 File Processing
- This slide deck walks through the HL7 File validation process for test/live HL7 processing. The information will be especially useful after providers have completed registration/renewal, received their import code and FTP credentials, and are ready to begin submitting test files.
What is Attestation?
Attestation is the part of the process to secure Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) EHR Incentive Program reimbursements that requires providers to prove that they are meaningfully using a certified EHR. The completion of at least one test to certify the EHR technology has the capability to submit electronic data to ImmTrac, the Texas immunization registry.
To submit an attestation file, please follow these steps:
Step I - ImmTrac Registration
- If you have never registered with ImmTrac, you must first complete an ImmTrac Site Agreement. To register with ImmTrac, please call (800) 348-9158. Please indicate that you wish to participate in HL7 attestation data submission, the first step in HL7 capability.
- If you are currently registered with ImmTrac, please contact the ImmTrac Group. Please call (800) 348-9158 and tell the ImmTrac representative that you are a registered user interested in participating in HL7 attestation data submission.
- If you are currently registered with ImmTrac and it has been more than 2 years since you signed the ImmTrac Site Agreement, you must submit a Renewal Site Agreement. Please call (800) 348-9158 and tell the ImmTrac representative that you would like to submit a Renewal Site Agreement with ImmTrac in order to participate in HL7 attestation data submission.
Step II - How to Submit an HL7 Meaningful Use Attestation Message
Once your facility has successfully registered with ImmTrac, an e-mail providing detailed information on how to submit an HL7 Attestation message will be sent.
Step III - Next Steps
Upon completion of a successful attestation file you will be given the opportunity to print the date stamped page to keep for your records. This submission completes Stage 1, Measure 8 - Immunization Registries Data Submission.
NOTE: HL7 Data Submission to ImmTrac
Click the following link to review the ImmTrac Texas Immunization Registry HL7 Batch VXU Data Transfer Specification & Implementation Guide.
For additional information please contact ImmTrac by e-mail at ImmTrac@dshs.state.tx.us.