To be eligible for licensure as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor, a person must:
(1) complete and submit the required application form;
(2) meet the requirements to be a counselor intern;
(3) hold an associate degree or more advanced degree .
(4) complete 4,000 hours of approved supervised experience working with chemically dependent persons as described in the rules, 25 TAC §140.409 (relating to Standards for Supervised Work Experience);
(5) pass the written chemical dependency counselor examination approved by the department; and
(6) submit two letters of recommendation from LCDCs.