ATTENTION! ONLINE SEARCH VERIFICATION NOW AVAILABLE
Now you can perform a real-time search for licensees online, and you can even print a license verification. For more information, click the “Live Online Search Verification” link under the “Find A Licensee” heading to the left.
Online Applications Now Available Through Texas Online!
You can now apply for a new license, or apply for license renewal, through Texas Online! See the menu to the left for the links.
Click the link below to read an important message about HIPAA Privacy Standards for providers and entities that submit protected health information to the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Click here to read on HIPAA Privacy Standards
Recent Rule Changes:
The following are just a few highlights of the recent rule changes and updates. This information is not a substitute for reading and following the complete rules and law related to the Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists.
§801.45. Sexual Misconduct.
(b) A licensee shall not engage in sexual contact with a person who is:
(1) a client or a former client;
(2) an associate or an intern for whom the licensee has administrative or clinical responsibility;
(3) an intern in a marriage and family therapy graduate program in which the licensee offers professional or educational services; or
(4) a clinical supervisor or supervisee of the licensee.
§801.49. Licensees and the Board.
(g) A licensee shall make written reports to the board office within 30 days of the following situations:
(1) the licensee’s arrest, deferred adjudication, or criminal conviction, other than for a Class C misdemeanor traffic offense;
(2) the filing of a criminal case against the licensee;
(3) the settlement of a judgment rendered in a civil lawsuit filed against the licensee and related to the licensee’s marriage and family therapy practice; or
(4) complaints, investigations, or actions against the licensee by a governmental agency or by a licensing or certification body.
Select the links below to view or print important information addressed to licensees.
Letters from the Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists