Works in partnership with the Volunteer Council for the Rusk State Hospital, Inc. to facilitate the involvement of volunteers, donors, and other community resources to enrich the patients lives.
Our responsibilities include:
- recruitment, selection, orientation, and placement of volunteers;
- serving as a liaison to the Volunteer Council for the Rusk State Hospital, Inc. non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable and educational corporation providing contributions of goods and services to benefit the patients and RSH;
- providing and responding to public information/media inquiries;
- scheduling tours;
- managing the Patient Shopping Center to provide donated and state purchased apparel for patients;
- managing the Family House that provides overnight accommodations for families visiting; and
- coordinating public speaking engagements.
If you would like to volunteer, have a speaker for your club meeting, make a contribution to the Volunteer Council, tour the hospital, ask a question about the hospital services, or plan a volunteer event for the patients call us at 903-683-7327 or visit our offices in the Administration Building.
Volunteer Council for the Rusk State Hospital, Inc
P. O. Box 318
Rusk, TX 75785-0318