Visitors are asked to assist the staff by:
- contacting the patient's treatment team prior to your visit to assure the patient can have visitors;
- not visiting if you have a respiratory infection or communicable infection;
- not bringing weapons, guns, alcoholic beverages, narcotics or tobacco products to the hospital;
- visiting only during designated visiting hours unless prior arrangements have been made;
- arriving on time for your visit and visiting only in areas designated by staff;
- registering with personnel at the Welcome Center as you enter the hospital;
- parking in designated parking areas and locking your car;
- observing the confidentiality and privacy of patients;
- obeying vehicle traffic and safety signs, especially the 5 mph speed limit near patients;
- not using tobacco products while on RSH property;
- not providing tobacco products to patients;
- not bringing pets to the hospital;
- consulting with the patient's treatment team before giving the patient food and gifts (no metal/aluminum cans – plastic containers only, no plastic bags (e.g., Wal-Mart bags, Ziploc baggies, etc.));
- assuring that children (17 and younger) are under adult supervision at all times;
- photograph only patient being visited and visitors;
- making your visit a pleasant experience for you, the patient, and staff; and
- presenting proper identification upon request.
3:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Weekends and Holidays.
The Family House, located at the corner of Castner and Austin Streets near the hospital, provides overnight accommodations for families visiting their loved ones that are patients at the hospital. The house will accommodate seven people and has a kitchen.
Reservations are made by contacting the patient's treatment coordinator.
Guests should plan to arrive after 12:00 noon and depart by 9:00 a.m.
Guests may make a financial contribution to the Volunteer Council for the Rusk State Hospital, Inc. a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Donations are used to assure the homelike atmosphere is maintained. Mail donations to Volunteer Council for the Rusk State Hospital, Inc., P. O. Box 318, Rusk, TX 75785.