The San Antonio State Hospital welcomes visitors and families who wish to visit with their loved ones or friends on the units. Individuals with family members or loved ones receiving treatment on one of our three acute units may also visit with a loved one or friend at the Visitor’s Center on Bowie Hall. Visitation may be designated in other areas with the consent of the treatment team. Specific information about the patient's condition and progress, may only be disclosed by hospital staff after the patient has signed a disclosure of information form.
The San Antonio State Hospital and the Volunteer Services Council of the San Antonio State Hospital provide complimentary lodging at the Family Lodge for indigent family members visiting loves ones from out of town.
For information, to schedule a stay or obtain Family Lodge policies, please contact the Social Worker assigned to your family member’s care.
Hospital Visiting Hours
- Monday through Friday - (Acute Care Services ) 4:00 pm-7:00 pm
- Saturdays, Sundays, & Holidays - 12:30 PM- 7:-00 pm
- Individuals who require special accommodation for visiting family or loved one must contact the patient’s social worker and or the On Duty Nurse.
- Children under the age of fourteen (14) years of age are not permitted to visit on the Treatment units. Special accommodation for visitation by underage children can be obtained by contacting the patient’s treatment team or the On Duty Nurse. If approved, staff will arrange for the visitation location and will accompany the patient during this approved visit.
Facility Vehicle Information
- A 15mph is enforced throughout the hospital.
- SASH is a tobacco /alcohol free environment.
- Weapons on grounds prohibited (Law enforcement officers must check-in with Security).
Requests for tours or information presentations about SASH and its services are welcome. Contact Community Relations at 210-531-8004 or email Patti Rangel, Director of Community Relations.