Texas Board of Licensure for Professional Medical Physicists Apply for a New License - Provisional License


A provisional license may be issued to a person who is currently licensed or certified in another jurisdiction and who:

  • has been licensed or certified in good standing as a practitioner of medical or radiological physics for at least two years in another jurisdiction, including a foreign county, that has licensing or certification requirements substantially equivalent to the requirements of the Act;
  • has passed a national or other examination recognized by the board relating to the practice of medical or radiological physics; and
  • is sponsored by a person licensed as a medical physicist in Texas with whom the provisional license holder will practice under this section.

For more information, click on the link below:

Title 22 Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 601 (Link to State of Texas site)

  • Loading...
Last updated February 11, 2015
  • Loading...

    board logo

    Professional Medical Physicists