Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification Program FAQ's-General Questions



Which agencies register persons who perform radiologic procedures under a practitioners instruction and direction, and whose procedures have been determined as non-dangerous and non-hazardous?

The Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, Podiatric Medical Examiners, Chiropractic Examiners and Dental Examiners.

What agency registers RNs who perform radiologic procedures outside of hospitals accredited by the Joint Commission on Accredited Health Organizations (JCAHO) or certified by Medicare?

The Texas Board of Nurse Examiners.

Who must be certified as a medical radiologic technologist?

Persons who perform radiologic procedures in certain hospitals are not required to be certified if the person has completed the training specified by the Texas Department of State Health Services; however, persons who perform dangerous and hazardous procedures, as specified by the Texas Department of State Health Services, must be certified.

  • Loading...
Last updated April 16, 2010