November 22, 2005
The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) today presented its annual emergency medical services (EMS) awards. Twelve winners were recognized at an awards luncheon during the 2005 Texas EMS Conference in Austin.
Awards and recipients are:
- EMS Public Information/Injury Prevention Award – Hopkins County EMS
- Citizen Award – Peggy Green, Timpson, Shelby County
- EMS Telecommunicator Award – Douglas Crouch and Anthony Burton, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston
- EMS Educator Award – Susie Jechow, Del Rio, Val Verde County
- Outstanding RAC (Regional Advisory Council) Award – Far West Texas and Southern New Mexico Regional Advisory Council
- EMS Medical Director Award – Ray Fowler, MD, Biotel, Dallas
- EMS Administrator Award – Royce Worrell, Atascocita Volunteer Fire Department, Humble
- EMS Air Medical Service Award – Careflite - Air, Grand Prairie
- EMS First Responder Award – Forest Bend Volunteer Fire Department, Harris County
- EMS Volunteer Provider Award – Timpson Volunteer Ambulance Service, Shelby County
- EMS Private/Public Provider Award – Northwest EMS, Tomball
- EMS Person of the Year – Allen Johnson, Montgomery County Hospital District.
Nominations for the Texas EMS Awards come from the public and EMS providers.
[News media: for information contact Steve Janda or Kelly Harrell, DSHS Office of EMS & Trauma Coordination, 512-834-6700 (office) or 512-771-4153 (cellular); or Emily Palmer, DSHS Assistant Press Officer, 512-458-7400.]