November 21, 2006
The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) today presented its annual emergency medical services (EMS) awards. Winners in 14 categories were recognized at the annual awards luncheon during the 2006 Texas EMS Conference in Dallas. Awards and recipients are:
- EMS Administrator Award – Maxine Pate, Brookshire-Pattison EMS service area.
- EMS Public Information/Injury Prevention Award – Austin County Emergency Medical Services, Bellville.
- EMS Educator Award – Jeff McDonald, Tarrant County College, North Richland Hills.
- Telecommunicator Award – Angie Razo, Rafael Gonzalez, Mayda Lopez, Hector Vasquez and Brenda Cavazos, Med-Care EMS, McAllen.
- EMS Medical Director Award – the late Russell K. Miller, M.D. of Galveston.
- RAC (Regional Advisory Council) Award – Deep East Texas Regional Advisory Council (Trauma Service Area H).
- Air Medical Service Award – STAR Flight, Austin/Travis County EMS.
- Volunteer Provider Award – Grapeland Volunteer Fire/EMS.
- EMS First Responder Award – Cedar Park Fire Department.
- Private/Public Provider Award – Marble Falls Area EMS.
- Citizen Award – Conor Gibson, Denton, and Kyler Whatley, Pilot Point.
- EMS/Trauma Registry Data Quality Award – Central Texas Trauma Council (Trauma Service Area L).
- Designated Trauma Facility Award – Covenant Children’s Hospital, Lubbock, and Children’s Medical Center, Dallas.
- EMS Person of the Year – Jim Majorowski, Ransom Canyon.
(News Media: for more information contact Emily Palmer, DSHS Assistant Press Officer, 512-458-7400.)