September 18, 2007
The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and several community health partners will begin assessing community health needs in Freestone County Sept. 24.
The Freestone County Community Health Needs Assessment will focus on education, prevention, care and treatment services for public health, medical care, mental health and substance abuse that can be used to improve community education, prevention, care and treatment.
Participants can complete an anonymous survey in English or Spanish online at www.dshs.state.tx.us/freestone or by attending one of nine community forums that will be held between Sept. 24 and Oct. 2.
Interpretation services and special accommodations may be arranged by calling JoLeen Eiklenborg at (254) 778-6744 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours before the forum.
Note: Forums schedule follows
(News Media: for more information, contact Dr. James Morgan, DSHS Health Services Region 7, Temple, 254-778-6744; or Emily Palmer, DSHS Assistant Press Officer, Austin, 512-458-7400.)
Community forums will be held as follows:
- Streetman, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., St. Elmo Country Store, 488 FM 416.
- Teague, 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m., Teague Public Library, 400 Main St.
- Fairfield, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Fairfield Senior Center, 201 N. Bateman Rd.
- Butler, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Butler Senior Center, South County Road 489.
- Teague, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Teague Senior Center, 511 E. Main St.
- Wortham, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Wortham High School Library, 200 S. Fifth St.
- Donie, 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Donie Bank, 235 Main St.
- Fairfield, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Fairfield Public Library, 350 W. Main.
- Teague, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Dew School, Route 2, Box 60.