August 4, 2008
The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and several community health partners will begin assessing community health needs in Limestone County today.
The Limestone County Community Health Needs Assessment will focus on education, prevention, care and treatment services for physical health, mental health and substance abuse.
Participants can complete an anonymous survey in English or Spanish online at www.dshs.state.tx.us/limestone by Sept. 15 or can attend one of 12 community forums that will be held between Aug. 11 and Aug. 21.
An assessment report should be available by Nov. 10.
Interpretation services and special accommodations may be arranged by calling JoLeen Eiklenborg at (254) 778-6744 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours before the forum.
Note: Forums schedule follows.
(News Media: For more information, contact Dr. Tom Betz, DSHS Health Services Region 7, Temple, 254-778-6744; or Emily Palmer, DSHS Assistant Press Officer, Austin, 512-458-7400.)
Community forums will be held as follows:
- Kosse, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Kosse Community Center, Highway 14.
- Mexia, noon to 1:30 p.m., Mexia Lion’s Club, 201 N. Paris St.
- Groesbeck, 6:30 – 8 p.m., Limestone County Courthouse.
- Groesbeck, 6:30 – 8 p.m., Maffett Memorial Library, 601 W. Yeagua St.
- Thornton, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Thornton Senior Center, Old Thornton School Road.
- Lake Limestone, 6:30 – 8 p.m., Old Union Civic Center.
- Coolidge, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Coolidge Senior Center, 112 Bell St.
- Groesbeck, 10:30 a.m. to noon, Groesbeck Senior Center, 510 W. State St.
- Groesbeck, noon to 1:30 p.m., Groesbeck Lion’s Club, Mi Rancho Restaurant, 310 W. Yeagua St.
- Mexia, 10:30 a.m. to noon, Mexia Senior Center, 109 W. Sherman St.
- Mexia, noon to 1:30 p.m., Rotary Club of Mexia, 315 E. Commerce St.
- Mexia, 6:30 – 8 p.m., First Baptist Church of Mexia, 500 E. Carthage.