- Overweight and Obesity Data in Texas: Facts at a Glance (PDF 80.8 KB) Texas data sheet showing overweight and obesity prevalence rates for adults by race/ethnicity and for children in 4th, 8th and 11th grades by race/ethnicity.
- Texas Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System The Center for Health Statistics (CHS) at the Texas Department of State Health Services has created an interactive web site for data collected by the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System in Texas. Click here to access data tables by risk factor and geographic area. The Center for Health Statistics has other data sources that may be specific to your area. If you have questions, contact CHS toll-free at 1-866-239-7279.
- Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System Data Related to Overweight & Obesity (PPT, 1.76 MB) Comprehensive Results of the YRBSS: Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System.
- School Physical Activity and Nutrition (SPAN) project (PDF, 474.6 KB) SPAN stands for the School Physical Activity and Nutrition Project. The overall goal of SPAN is to establish a surveillance system to monitor the prevalence of overweight/obesity in school-aged children in Texas. This surveillance system allows researchers to identify and track trends in childhood obesity. In addition, SPAN identifies factors in Texas students that may underlie obesity, including dietary behaviors, nutrition knowledge and attitudes, and physical activity. Click for more information on the SPAN project. For data requests on Texas SPAN Projects I, II, and III, phone (512) 776-2133 or email.
- Several data and analysis tools are available through the Data to Action site (http://www.cdc.gov/program/data/index.htm). This site supports CDC’s efforts to improve public health impact by making key data more accessible, especially data that can help to promote policy, system and environmental changes that will improve health.
Data requests will be addressed as time and availability of data permit. To ensure that data requests are fulfilled in a timely manner, please submit your requests at least 2 weeks before the data are needed.
External links to other sites are intended to be informational and do not have the endorsement of the Texas Department of State Health Services. These sites may also not be accessible to people with disabilities.
viewing information for PDF files