The first step in becoming an approved provider is either:
(1) taking the training required to become an Administrator/Instructor; or
(2) hiring a trained Administrator/Instructor;
You will then be ready to complete and submit the application form, which is available on our "Applications/Forms" web page. The initial application fee is $300.
Approved offender education programs shall use the uniform curricula and screening instruments approved by the department.
The following curriculum, which is provided to each trained administrator/instructor, is currently approved:
- The Alcohol Education Program for Minors Instructor Manual
The program shall:
- conduct the course a minimum of two times during each reporting period;
- provide a minimum of six hours of class instruction per course;
- conduct class sessions which are not longer than three hours in length;
- conduct no more than one class session per day; and
- conduct classes no larger than 25 participants and with no fewer than three participants (not including parents and guardians).
The program shall administer and evaluate pre-and post-test instruments for each participant.
Program instructors shall conduct a minimum of two complete courses during the annual reporting period.
Once approved, a program shall prominently dispaly the certificate of approval issued by the department at each location where services are provided.
Branch and Additional Program Sites
The program shall obtain a duplicate certificate from the department for each branch site. Branch sites shall be located in the same county as the program headquarters or in an adjacent county. Each branch office or program site must have a local address and telephone number for participants to register and obtain information. The organization must submit a separate application and application fee to operate the program at a site that is not located in the same county as the program headquarters or in an adjacent county. The new application shall designate a program headquarters and may establish branch sites.