Sign Up for Email Updates
Welcome to the home page of Texas Board of Orthotics and Prosthetics. This website will inform you about obtaining and renewing a license to practice as a prosthetist and/or orthotist, a prosthetist and/or orthotist assistant, a prosthetic and/or orthotic technician, or a prosthetic and/or orthotic student in Texas, and obtaining and renewing accreditation for a prosthetic and/or orthotic facility.
NOTICE TO ALL ONLINE SYSTEM USERS. EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 6, 2013, AT 12 NOON THE FOLLOWING SERVICES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEEKEND:
- VersaOnline will not be available for online license application or license renewal.
- The Live Online Search Verification function to verify and print current licenses will not be available.
We apologize for the inconvenience to our customers. All systems should be fully functional by Monday, December 9, 2013.
Customer Service Alert
We have been having problems with email since Wednesday, November 20; we are unable to send or receive emails. This is temporary, and the DSHS IT department is working to resolve it as soon as possible. If you have emailed us, unfortunately our response to you will be delayed. You are welcome to contact us by phone at 512-834-4520 or by fax at 512-834-6677. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.
Program Activities include:
- Review, update, and adopt rules for the regulation of prosthetic and orthotic professionals and facilities in Texas.
- Review (and approve or deny) applications for licensure, registration, and facility accreditation.
- Receive and process complaints lodged against prosthetic and orthotic professionals, assistants, technicians, and facilities, and those alleged to be practicing without a license.
View the rules on the State of Texas web site