CHEMPACK is a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) program that places caches of nerve agent antidotes in communities throughout the nation. This web-based training provides a broad overview of the CHEMPACK program and a look at the role these free assets can play in a public health emergency. This training is free-of-charge and will award 1.0 hours of Continuing Education to physicians, nurses, pharmacists, social workers and health educators. Furthermore, through a collaborative effort with the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE), law enforcement officers that complete this training may submit a TCLEOSE Report of Training through their respective agencies for 1.0 hours of Continuing Education.
Skip down to: Training Objectives | Training Access Instructions | CEUs | Questions
CHEMPACK Training Objectives
Upon completion of this training program, participants will be able to successfully:
- Define the CHEMPACK Program
- Name the six types of chemical warfare agents
- Identify the signs and symptoms of mild, moderate and serve nerve agent poisoning
- Identify the five products in the CHEMPACK container
- Explain what each product in the container is used for
- Identify five of the responsibilities of a CHEMPACK cache location
Instructions on Accessing Texas CHEMPACK Training
To access this computer-based training your computer software must meet the following technical specifications:
- Internet Explorer version 5.5+ or above.
- Popup windows must be enabled.
Instructions for accessing are:
- Access https://tx.train.org
- LOG IN USING YOUR COMPLETE WORK E-MAIL ADDRESS AND PASSWORD. THIS WILL BE YOUR LOGIN NAME EACH TIME YOU USE TRAIN TEXAS.
- Locate the "Search by Course ID" option on the right side of the home page.
- Enter "1008723" as the Course ID for Texas CHEMPACK Training.
- Select the "Go" button to search for course.
- Select Texas CHEMPACK Training
- Select the "Registration" tab.
- Select the "Launch" Button to begin the course.
Continuing Education Hours
Physicians, Nurses, Social Workers and Health Educators
- DSHS will issue 1.0 hours of Continuing Education for completion of this training
- The Texas Pharmacy Association (TPA) will issue 1.0 hours of Continuing Education for completion of this training
Law Enforcement Officers
- Upon completion of this training, submit a Report of Training through your respective agency to the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE) for 1.0 hours of Continuing Education
Click for a TECLEOSE Report of Training (PDF file, 31 kb)
Note: for law enforcement officers ONLY
If you have questions, FIRST go to: TRAIN FAQs at www.dshs.state.tx.us/comprep/train/
Technical support for TRAIN Texas is obtained by sending them an e-mail or by calling the TRAIN Texas support line at 512-458-7336.
Questions regarding CHEMPACK Training Content can be obtained by sending an e-mail to Zoe Nelson or calling 512-458-7219.
Note: External links to other sites are intended to be informational and do not have the endorsement of the Texas Department of State Health Services. These sites may also not be accessible to people with disabilities.