RADIATION CONTROL PROGRAM
Instructions to Apply for a License for Human Use of Radioactive Material
The following forms should be used when applying for a new license or renewing an existing license or if adding a new authorized physician user..
Regulatory Guide 3.1 can be used for guidance in completing the above forms.
Other Guidance Information
Supplemental guidance information is available for the following uses of radioactive material.
- Use of Xenon-133 - worksheet and information required, in addition to license application.
- Brachytherapy - safety guidelines for a brachytherapy program
- Low energy seeds - amendment criteria for low energy seeds; receipt, use and disposal log; radiation safety checklist and room survey.
- Bioassay requirements for I-125 and I-131.
- PET radiopharmaceuticals - amending a license to add PET radiopharmaceuticals.
- Out patient radionuclide therapy information.
- Implant log and survey.
- Medical subsites - guidance for adding a subsite not associated with a move of the facility and a checklist for adding a new site.
Additional information and instructions can be found below:
BRC Policy on Medical Practice for Diagnostic Nuclear Medicine
A radioactive material license which authorizes medical use of radioactive material may constrain the actions of the licensed entity. In accordance with the Medical Practice Act Section 1.02.(8), nothing in a license issued for medical uses of radioactive material shall be construed as limiting the clinical administration of Food and Drug Administration approved pharmaceuticals to a patient for imaging and localization studies by an appropriately approved physician user named on the license.
September 2, 1997
Back to the Top - Radiation Control Home - Search - Site Map - Links - Contact Us - Texas Department of State Health Services
Division for Regulatory Services - P. O. Box 149347 - Austin, Texas 78714-9347 - (512) 834-6770