RADIATION CONTROL PROGRAM
Including Mammography Certification, Mammography Accreditation, and Registration of Laser Devices
Welcome. Help yourself to the forms, guides, answers to questions and other information we hope will assist you in applying for a registration for radiation producing equipment, including lasers, mammography certification, and mammography accreditation. We are not able to accept applications via electronic mail at this time, so please mail forms and fees to:
Radiation Machine Source Group MC 2003
Texas Department of State Health Services P. O. Box 149347
Austin, Texas 78714-9347
You should read all appropriate rules and guides for radiation control. You may download this information from the Rules page and Guides page. For your convenience, some of the rules have been referenced for you.
1. Obtain the appropriate forms for registering equipment. Choose the appropriate application form below. The 42-3 and 226-1 forms must be completed by all applicants.
For mammography certification and accreditation forms, please contact either Kaye Goss-Terry or Jo Turkette by email or by telephone at 512-834-6688.
- Accreditation Application for Facilities choosing Texas as the accreditation body
- Application for State Certification for new facilities or adding a new site on an existing state mammography certification that does not choose Texas as an accreditation body
- Accreditation and Certification Application for a new facility choosing Texas as the accreditation body
- Application for adding equipment to existing state certification
- Interpreting Physician - checklist
- Medical Physicist - checklist
- Technologist - checklist
2. Submit an application with appropriate fees. See special instructions:
3. Review guidelines for registrations. If you need assistance or have questions, Contact Us.
4. Address special requirements when applicable. Some registrations will have special requirements:
TO TERMINATE or REPORT DISPOSITION OF X-RAY MACHINES
Download the appropriate form:
- Requirements for termination of registration or certification
- Termination of a Registraton or Certification, Form RC-17-L
- Termination of Certification of Mammography Systems, Form RC 17-M
- Transfer and disposal of radiation machines
- Radiation Machine Transfer/Disposal Form, RC 18-R
- Mammography Machine Transfer/Disposal Form, RC 18-M
Back to the Top - Radiation Control Home - Search - Site Map - Links - Contact Us - Texas Department of State Health Services
Division for Regulatory Services - P. O. Box 149347 - Austin, Texas 78714-9347 - (512) 834-6770