Regulatory Services Online Licensing System - Initial Application for Baccalaureate Worker License (LBSW), Clinical Social Worker License (LCSW), Maser Social Worker License (LMSW) ONLY
Do not use the links and forms below if you are already a licensed Social Worker and need to renew. This web page is only for new Social Worker applicants. If you are unsure about the qualifications required for this type of license, please see the rules, 22 TAC, Chapter 781.
NOTICE TO ALL ONLINE SYSTEM USERS. EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 6, 2013, AT 12 NOON THE FOLLOWING SERVICES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEEKEND:
- VersaOnline will not be available for online license application or license renewal.
- The Live Online Search Verification function to verify and print current licenses will not be available.
We apologize for the inconvenience to our customers. All systems should be fully functional by Monday, December 9, 2013.
Licensed Social Workers must now apply for their initial licenses through the new Regulatory Services Online Licensing System. Select the link below to begin the online initial application process. When using the online service, initial license application fees may be paid only using a major credit card.
Once you submit an online application, your fees and information will be processed immediately and routed electronically to the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners Program.
You should therefore postmark the other required documents and/or forms listed below on or shortly after the date you submit the online application, to avoid a delay in processing time.
The department recommends that you attach a copy of the "Receipt Page" (the final page you are able to print out when you complete the online application) to any documents you submit to our office.
Additional Information Required of all applicants:
1. Official college or universities transcripts verifying that you hold a Social Worker degree. Official transcripts may be mailed to the agency directly from the university. You may also mail the transcripts.
LCSW or LMSW-AP application only:
2. A Supervision Verification Form, which may be downloaded from the agency forms download website.
3. If you hold a social worker license issued by another state or Canadian province, you must arrange for the other licensing authority to complete the required Verification of Licensure in Other State Form which may be downloaded from the agency forms download website.
Mail all required information listed above to our office.