2012 Submission Reminder - July 19, 2012
Our Texas Cancer Registry (TCR) Cancer Reporting Handbook will be available early August 2012 and one CD per facility will be mailed out. For reporters requesting a hard copy from your regional representative, once we have a completion date from the print shop we will update you via email.
The following are the key updates and changes to the 2012 handbook:
- The handbook includes all the data items required for cases diagnosed January 1, 2012 and onward.
- Appendix A has been revised to only reflect TCR required Collaborative Stage (CS) Site Specific Factors (SSF) and the site specific surgery codes.
- A reference document has been included in our reporting handbook as well as TCR website to identify the required SSF’s for each site at a glance.
- The complete Collaborative Staging Cancer System Version 02.04 may be referenced at http://cancerstaging.org/cstage/manuals/index.html.
- The sections “Reporting Tools” and “Appendix B”, Texas Cancer Reporting Law and Rules may be referenced at http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/tcr/default.shtm .
Currently the TCR is not accepting any cases diagnosed in 2012. We are scheduled to upgrade our registry software in August 2012. The Version 12.2 editset will be available in early August for reporting facilities ready to start on their 2012 cancer cases. All cases must pass the TCR 2012 edits prior to submitting once the TCR is ready to accept submissions. The TCR will notify you via email when we are ready to accept 2012 submissions.
All data submissions must be submitted using the Web Plus software application. As mentioned in the email communications sent on June 29 & July 6, please be sure to return your forms to Pam Jatlzau to set up your user id and password for Web Plus. SandCrab Lite Users should start scheduling Web Plus training if needed. For all training needs, please complete the Request form at http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/tcr/training.shtm.
If your facility participates in the “Small Facility Casefinding Data Collection (CFDC) Project”, the 2012 reporting requirements will be implemented as part of the 2012 CFDC process and no action required on your behalf. We appreciate your timely high quality reporting and continued support in the fight against cancer. If you have any questions, please contact your regional representative.