Texas Electronic Registrar - Death Registration
- Convenient & 100% Online
- 24 x 7 Anywhere, Anytime Access
- Easy to Use, On-Demand
- Earn Continuing Education Credits
- Secure, Hosted Environment
- Use the Search & Reference Library as Needed
Texas Electronic Death Registration Update for Local Registrars
House Bill 1739, which mandates electronic death registration for funeral homes and medical certifiers, was signed by the Governor on June 15, 2007, and takes effect on September 1, 2007. Section 193.002 of the Texas Health & Safety Code will now require the person in charge of interment or in charge of removal of a body from a registration district for disposition to file death certificates electronically as specified by the State Registrar.
Likewise, Section 193.005 requires that medical certifiers on a death certificate submit the medical certification and attest to its validity using an electronic process (currently Texas Electronic Registrar) approved by the State Registrar.
Resources for Local Registrars Using TER
Files Available to Download
Any questions or comments about TER-Death processes are encouraged and appreciated. Please email questions to help-TER (at) dshs.state.tx.us
Information on viewing files.
Enroll in TER Death Registration Using the Online Application Form
Use our online registration form to enroll in TER Death Registration.
Enroll in TER Death Registration Using the Fax Application Form
If you are having problems with the online request form you may also print off the fax request form, completed registration form, and fax it to 512-458-7233.
Download the fax registration form for Local Registrars (60K Doc)
Anyone purchasing a new computer system or changing/upgrading a current system for TER-Death will want to keep the following vendor preferred recommendations in mind:
- A computer with a 1.0 GHz processor or faster (Recommended but not required)
- 512MB of RAM or more (Recommended but not required)
- Windows XP operating system (Recommended but not required)
- Web Browser with Flash Player (Flash 7.0 or greater) (Flash Player can be downloaded free from the Adobe Website)
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor (Can be adjusted using your monitor settings)
- Internet access at 56K or better (A dial-up modum can be used)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded free from the Adobe Website)