Local registrar offices linked via the Remote Birth Access (RBA) system to the Vital Statistics Unit will service applicants requesting a birth certificate for the purpose of obtaining an Election Identification Certificate (EIC) from the Texas Department of Public Safety using the RBA system. See the Birth Certificate Issuance User Guide for details.
1. Customer accurately and completely fills out and submits an EIC Application for Election Identification Birth Certificate.
2. Customer submits valid government-issued or acceptable primary identification to the local registrar office.
3. Local registrar office reviews application for accuracy, completeness, and eligibility.
4. Local registrar office reviews identification for accuracy and validity.
5. Local registrar office will not collect a fee for the record.
6. Local registrar office employee logs on to the RBA system using their unique ID and password.
7. Local registrar office employee locates the requested record and issues certified copy of election identification birth certificate.
Note: EIC birth certificate can only be issued once during the customer’s lifetime.