Using the Remote Birth Access (RBA) system is subject to the same process completed by the state. The following process should be completed every time the RBA system is used.
- Customer accurately and completely fills out and submits request application.
- Customer submits valid government-issued photo identification.
- Local registrar office reviews application for accuracy, completeness, and eligibility.
- Local registrar office reviews identification for accuracy and validity.
- Local registrar office collects required fee (as agreed in RBA state contract).
- Local registrar office has a choice of issuing a copy from their records or using the RBA system to issue copy.
- If issuing from the RBA system, employee logs on to the system using their unique ID and password.
- Employee locates the requested record and issues copy.