The Texas Council on Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke 2010 Legislative Report is now online: Download
The 76th Legislature passed House Bill 2085 which included the creation of the Council on Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke consisting of 11 appointed members. Activities of the Council include:
- developing an effective and resource-efficient plan,
- conducting health education, public awareness, and community outreach,
- improving access to treatment,
- coordinating activities among agencies within the state,
- developing a database of recommendations for treatment and care, and
- collecting and analyzing information related to CVD
Vision and Mission Statement
Texans optimizing heart and brain health through education and action.
The mission of the Texas Council on Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke is to educate, inform and facilitate action among Texans to reduce the human and financial toll of cardiovascular disease and stroke.