Attending IDL Classes
The state agency offers opportunities for interactive distance learning to local Texas WIC agencies through the WIC satellite network.
- Students need instruction and practice on how to use the IDL equipment before they attend a class.
- The class IDL Made Simple is now a prerequisite and is offered several times every week.
- The class is 30 minutes and the format includes hands-on practice, rebooting the CCU, and “keypad etiquette.”
IDL Class Information
Classes start on time and there is a 5-minute grace period to log in. If no sites log in after 5 minutes, the class will be cancelled. If only one site logs in, class will be held as scheduled.
A variety of classes are offered. Each course is designed especially for WIC staff. For class descriptions, please click on Class Descriptions under IDL Training on the menu to the left of this page.
Classes will be repeated regularly. New classes will be added each month, so you will want to check the schedule frequently.
Some classes use downloadable material packets or manuals. The class participant is responsible for downloading and printing required materials prior to class. Please click on Training Materials on the menu bar to view the materials you will need to download.
Registration in not required. Each class is limited to 25 participants statewide, on a first-come, first-served basis. One participant may log in per keypad available at each agency. Each individual participant will be issued a unique registration number. The state agency will maintain attendance records only for participants officially logged in to class using a keypad and their unique ID number.
To request a log in ID number or student history, please contact Missy Hammer.
IDL Technical Support
If you need assistance operating or troubleshooting your IDL equipment, please call the IDL Studio at 512-341-4443.
Attending Online Classes
The state agency offers opportunities for interactive learning to local Texas WIC agencies through the Internet.
- Log in on the phone
– Call the toll-free telephone number listed with the class you want to attend.
– Enter the participant passcode listed, including the pound sign (#) after.
- Log in on your computer
– Enter the web page exactly as listed into your internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc)
– Click the “Guest” tab, enter your name and email address
– Click “Join meeting” & “I’m Already Dialed In”
Online technical Support
If you need assistance logging in or troubleshooting during a training, please call CenturyLink at 1-800-485-0844