- Rapid brain growth continues.
- The eyebrows and eyelashes are well formed.
- The eyes are fully functional and capable of movement.
- The vocal cords are active.
- Reflexes are present.
- There is little chance for survival outside the uterus.
- The weight is about one pound.
- The length is about 7 to 8 inches.
Contact Woman's Right To Know
© 2003 Texas Department of Health. All rights reserved. Photos: Lennart Nilsson / Albert Bonniers Forlag AB, A Child Is Born, Dell Publishing Company. Used by permission.