School nurses and teachers can promote good oral health!
How Can the School Nurse and Teachers Promote Good Oral Health?
- By getting others interested in the Oral Health Program.
- By displaying dental health posters.
- By working with school administrators and parents to provide healthy food and drinks in school vending machines.
- By arranging for dental screenings and helping volunteer dentists screen students.
Who Else Can Help?
- School Nurses and Teachers can be the catalysts in promoting good oral health practices in children pre-kindergarten through sixth grade.
- Encourage your local dentists, hygienists, and dental assistants to assist in training teachers and making volunteer classroom presentations.
- Encourage parents to support the Oral Health Program by reinforcing dental health practices at home with their children.
- Community organizations can cooperate by publicizing the Oral Health Program
Teacher's Glossary of English/Spanish Oral Health Terms [PDF 1.10MB]