DSHS HIT Vision
An integrated Health Information Technology (HIT) and policy systemthat improves service delivery, health outcomes, and decision-making.
DSHS HIT Strategic Priorities
- Support the Agency Mission and Objectives
Align and optimize business processes and information resources to support overall DSHS strategic objectives.
- Data Sharing and Exchange Standards
Use agency-wide standards for data, interoperability, and quality assurance that meet business needs and support information exchange across DSHS programs, with authorized trading partners, and with other DSHS stakeholders.
- Utilize Advanced Data Analytics
Collect, validate, integrate, and analyze a wide variety of data, using standard and custom tools, to support evidence-based strategies that meet Texas' health needs.
- Business Process will Drive Information Resource Solutions
- Develop agile business processes that specify information technology requirements which address the needs of a changing health system.
- Conduct due diligence to evaluate re-use or modification of existing information resources when addressing business processes.
- Information Resources will be Flexible
Design information resources to be quickly and effectively adapted to evolving needs and business processes.
- Collaborate with Trading Partners and Stakeholders
Engage trading partners and stakeholders in discussions regarding HIT and coordinate data collection and exchange efforts with other entities.
- Facilitate Timely Decision-making at the Individual and Systems Level
Provide timely information to authorized internal and external entities to support decision-making.
- Ensure Compliance with Laws and Regulatory Requirements
Manage and utilize accurate data and tools to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations including those addressing privacy and confidentiality.
DSHS HIT Goals
- Improve population health and reduce costs through the use of HIT
- Support meaningful use and health information exchange with partners
- Empower individuals to improve their health
- Achieve technology advancement
- Inspire confidence and trust in DSHS HIT