The Local Authority Network Advisory Committee (LANAC) was established pursuant to requirements of H.B. 2439, 80th Legislature, Regular Session, 2007. The committee was charged with advising the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) and the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) on technical and administrative issues that directly affect local mental health authority responsibilities.
Pursuant to S. B. 277, 84th Legislature, Regular Session, 2015, the LANAC was discontinued effective September 1, 2015.
Behavioral Health Advisory Committee
The Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) is seeking applicants for positions on the Behavioral Health Advisory Committee. The Sunset Advisory Commission directed HHSC to establish a behavioral health advisory committee to provide regular input and make recommendations regarding mental health and substance abuse programs across the health and human services system.
HHSC is seeking members diverse in background, experience, and geographic location, including representatives from rural and frontier areas. Members will be selected in the following categories:
• adult consumer of mental health and/or substance abuse services
• youth/young adult consumer of mental health and/or substance abuse services
• family representative of consumer of mental health and/or substance abuse services
• adult peer provider
• representative of the Texas Council of Community Centers
• representative of the Association of Substance Abuse Programs
• independent community behavioral health service provider
• behavioral health advocate or representative of behavioral health advocacy organization
• representative of the Interagency Coordinating Group for faith and community-based organization
• representative of a managed care organization
• representative of local government
• others who have demonstrated an interest in and knowledge of the issues and services related to behavioral health
Individuals who represent organized groups or associations of stakeholders are encouraged to apply. Members will serve staggered three-year terms and may also be appointed to subcommittees.
If you wish to be considered as a nominee, please complete the Application for Behavioral Health Advisory Committee Appointment and send the application by September 15, 2015 to MHSABG@dshs.state.tx.us or Texas Department of State Health Services, Attention: Carissa Dougherty, MC 2053, PO Box 149347, Austin, TX 78714-9347.
If you have questions, please contact Carissa Dougherty at (512) 206-5347 or send e-mail to MHSABG@dshs.state.tx.us.