International Critical Incident Stress Foundation
The International Critical Incident Stress Foundation, Inc. (ICISF) is a non-profit, open membership foundation dedicated to the prevention and mitigation of disabling stress through the provision of:
- Education, training and support services for all Emergency Services professions;
- Continuing education and training in Emergency Mental Health Services for the Mental Health Community; and
- Consultation in the establishment of Crisis and Disaster Response Programs for varied organizations and communities worldwide.
International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
ISTSS is an international multidisciplinary, professional membership organization that promotes advancement and exchange of knowledge about severe stress and trauma. This knowledge includes understanding the scope and consequences of traumatic exposure, preventing traumatic events and ameliorating their consequences, and advocating for the field of traumatic stress.
The Traumatology Institute
Some major goals of the Traumatology Institute are to:
- Develop cutting-edge research, assessment, training and education programs focusing on the traumatized, which include individual children and adults, families, organizations, and nation states.
- Promote networking among scholars through the Institute's Scholar Program
- Serve as the editorial home of the international, peer reviewed journal, Traumatology
- Serve as the editorial home of the peer reviewed Routledge Psychosocial Stress Book Series
- Promote and support research by students, faculty, and visiting scholars at the Institute.
- Consult with those responsible for providing system-wide services to the traumatized in and around the communities affected.
You will find solutions for Line of Duty Death, Emergency Responder Wellness, Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) and Acute Traumatic Stress Management throughout this site. This organization works with all Emergency Services Providers, corporations, colleges and universities in establishing critical incident and traumatic stress resources by using our 25+ years of experience in the emergency services field and CISM.
Federation of Fire Chaplains
The purpose of this organization is to bring together individuals and groups who are interested in providing effective chaplaincies for fire service organizations. To fulfill this purpose the Federation and its members exchange and share ideas and concerns that influence the quality of life of all members of the fire service and their families.
Gift From Within: An International Charity for Survivors of Trauma and Victimization
Gift from Within is a non-profit organization dedicated to those who suffer post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), those at risk for PTSD, and those who care for traumatized individuals. It develops and disseminates educational material, including videotapes, articles, books, and other resources through its website and maintains a roster of survivors who are willing to participate in an international network of peer support.
Concerns of Police Survivors, Inc (C.O.P.S.)
Concerns of Police Survivors, Inc. provides resources to assist in the rebuilding of the lives of surviving families of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty as determined by Federal criteria. Furthermore, COPS provides training to law enforcement agencies on survivor victimization issues and educates the public of the need to support the law enforcement profession and its survivors.
DSHS MHSA Disaster Behavioral Health Services