Information for Professionals
- Radiation Event Medical Management (REMM)
The REMM web portal is an information source for first receiver health care providers to assist them with clinical diagnosis issues and treatment questions during a mass casualty radiological or nuclear incident ("radiation event"). REMM also includes valuable information for the first responder health care provider. A product of the US Department of Health and Human Services, REMM is a joint effort of the National Institutes of Health and the CDC – with additional support and content provided by subject matter experts from around the world
- Bureau of Radiation Control
From the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Radiological Terrorism: Emergency Management Pocket Guide for Clinicians
The pocket guide is designed as a quick reference for clinicians, including physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals, who will provide emergency care in a hospital setting following a radiological terrorism incident. From the CDC.
- Radiation Emergencies
Emergency Preparedness and Response information from the CDC.
- Introduction to Radiological Emergency Preparedness (REP) Exercise Evaluation
This course introduces the student to the basic concepts and terminology of the offsite emergency preparedness program for commercial nuclear power plants. It provides an introduction to the program's exercise evaluation regulations, philosophy, and methodology. From the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Protecting Building Environments from Airborne Chemical, Biological, or Radiological Attacks
From the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
- Transportation Emergency Preparedness Program
From the US Department of Energy.
- Medical/Operational Guidance for Managing Radiation Casualties
From the Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute (AFRRI).
- Terrorism With Ionization Radiation General Guidance Pocket Guide
From the US Department of Defense. (PDF File, 134 kb)
- Guidance for Protective Actions Following a Radiological Terrorist Event
From the The Health Physics Society. (PDF File, 103 kb)
Note: External links to other sites are intended to be informational and do not have the endorsement of the Texas Department of State Health Services. These sites may also not be accessible to people with disabilities.