An individual who wishes to file a complaint against a Respiratory Care Practitioner may write to:
Complaints Management and Investigative Section
P.O. Box 141369
Austin, Texas 78714-1369
or call 1-800-942-5540 to request the appropriate form or obtain more information. This number is for complaints only. Please direct routine calls and correspondence to the phone number and address given below.
Help Stop Forgeries
1. Accept only original RCP cards.
2. If you need a copy to place in the RCP's file, use only the original card.
3. Verify the status of an RCP certificate, temporary permit or renewal on this web site (above).
4. If the name does not appear on the RCP roster, please contact the RCP program immediately at: (512) 834-6632.
5. If you accept a copy, ask to see the original card and require the RCP to sign and date the copy.
6. Texas Occupations Code 604.352. states: (a) A person commits an offense if the person knowingly:… (6) employs a person as a respiratory care practitioner who does not hold a certificate or temporary permit in the practice of respiratory care;…An offense under this section is punishable by a Class B Misdemeanor.
7. Forgery of a RCP card is tampering with a government document and a FELONY. Penal Code 37.10 (a) states: A person commits an offense if he: (1) knowingly makes a false entry in, or false alteration of, a governmental record… (d) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if it is shown on the trial of the offense that the governmental record is (a license, certificate, permit, seal, title)…unless the actor's intent… is to defraud or harm another, in which event the offense is a felony of the second degree.
If you know someone who has forged a respiratory care diploma, certificate, permit or record, please report this to the RCP Program at (512) 834-6632. If you have an idea or suggestion, or would like to comment, we'd like to hear from you. Call, or send E-mail: resp@dshs