Division for Regional and Local Health Services
Acts 1989, 71st Leg., ch. 678, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1989.
§ 61.028. BASIC HEALTH CARE SERVICES.
(a) A county shall, in accordance with department rules adopted under Section 61.006, provide the following basic health care services:
- primary and preventative services designed to meet
the needs of the community, including:
(B) medical screening services; and
(C) annual physical examinations;
- inpatient and outpatient hospital services;
- rural health clinics;
- laboratory and X-ray services;
- family planning services;
- physician services;
- payment for not more than three prescription drugs
a month; and
- skilled nursing facility services, regardless of
the patient's age.
(b) The county may provide additional health care services,
but may not credit the assistance toward eligibility for state
assistance, except as provided by Section 61.0285.