Diabetes Prevention and Control Branch
Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention Section
Division for Disease Control and Prevention Services
The three projects listed above make up the School Health Program.
School Health Program
Vision: The DSHS School Health Program envisions a Texas where all children are healthy, ready to learn and prepared to make healthy lifelong choices.
Mission: The mission of the DSHS School Health Program is to meet the health services and health program needs of children through schools.
1. Function as central resource to communities: develop materials, linkages and promotion.
2. Increase access to health care for all Texas children.
3. Ensure infrastructure to provide support to schools.
4. Engage in collaborative efforts: interagency, intro-agency, partners and stakeholders
5. Reporting-internal and external