An integrated school, parent and community approach for enhancing the health and well-being of students. SHACs, the CSH Leadership Team, coalitions and broadly-based constituencies for school health can build support for program efforts. Schools actively solicit parent involvement and engage community resources and services to respond more effectively to the health-related needs of students.
- Increases the likelihood of better attendance and better grades
- Student success improves when teachers and parents work together
- Reduces in-school suspension rates, inappropriate school behavior and has a positive impact on academic achievement
- Increased student interest in co-curricular and after school community activities have a positive impact on grades and behavior
- Enhances linkages to community programs that support school objectives for student success
Return to CSH Home Page